Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

"Didn't they invent Christmas tree lots so people wouldn't have to drive way out in the country and waste a whole Saturday?" I'm sure I messed that quote up-Doug will let me know!

Ahhh, the Christmas Season. Thanksgiving was wonderful. We had 18 people for dinner 8 of them were under 11 and two of them were over 80. It was really nice. The food was good and things didn't get out of control. I cooked two turkeys and sent lots of leftovers home. I watched the parade, football was on and we watched _Christmas Vacation_ after pie. It was a great day, my favorite Thanksgiving in the last 5 years for sure!

Friday we went to Central Nevada to cut our Christmas tree. Amazingly enough we got a rather tall skinny tree-hard to find, they usually get very WIDE. The kids were good in the car. Loredana peed in the woods-that's hard for girls. Jim and Nicole came-always fun to see them. Nancy made Buckeyes-if you don't know about them YOU ARE MISSING OUT, but more for me! We listened to Christmas music on the way home and talked. I've said before how I love a good road trip so I can talk someone's ear off.

Today we decorated the tree. We have all these "funky" home made ornaments. Today I was realizing how much I love that! Nobody would buy our tree from a store, but you can read the story of our lives on that tree. I have an ornament with my name in glitter that my Kindergarten teacher made for me. Some year (in the 80's) I decided that I would always put that one on first and I always do. Doug and I both have ornaments we made at craft nights growing up and in school. Doug has an gingerbread ornament he painted in Kindergarten, it has YARN for a hanger, how sweet is that?We have a "our first year" ornament, "Parents to be ornamant", a few Baby's First Christmas ornaments and too many to count that Emma and Loredana have painted NOT in the lines. We have a Disneyland ornament (we've been going in December for about 4 years now). We have lots of ornaments that were given as gifts. We have 4 or five of the classic glass ornament balls that we bought at Target for our very first tree the year before we got married-we got married in January-those things are UGLY and I love them. Someday they'll all be broken and gone. I love our tree. I think I'll go look at it. Happy Holidays!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger Brad said…

    So, you're glad that we're gone, and Thanksgiving was better without us? Looks like somebody's not gettin' a Christmas card. :] (J/K)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home