Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

If You Were Wondering How to Solve all the World's Problems....


You have just come to the right place! I'm kidding of course, but I have been thinking of some things that seem logical to me, but are "problems" in the world.

1) Did you know that diesal engines can be run on used and refined cooking oil? Did you also know that restaurants have to pay a fee to have their used cooking oil disposed of?

MY SOLUTION: McDonald's should open vegetable oil "gas" stations! They could refine the oil themselves and sell it for a profit! I know what you're thinking- Cheryl Citizen for President-she's a genius! Seriously, why aren't we all driving diesal cars? Why is our society so reliant on oil from other countries? McDonalds has deliveries trucks too-most likely diesal. they could be fueling their own fleet for FREE!

2) This is actually a lot less serious of a problem, but it's been in the news lately. Movie theaters and production companies are losing money BIG TIME on theater releases. Doug and i used to see EVERY movie in the theater. Now we have 3 kids, but we are not soley responsible for their drop in sales-Kenny and Kelly have 3 kids too!
They blame it on quick DVD release, black market-illegal sales etc.. Guess what my solution is? They should just start making decent movies that people want to see. Again, I'm a genius-I know.
Last night Doug and I went to see Elizabethtown. It was actually a decent movie and I really enjoyed it overall. We went to regular price (not matinee) and we splurged and EACH bought a soda. That is roughly a $30 investment. That's a lot of money for 2 and a half hours of entertainment-we didn't even pay a babysitter! If Lost had been on last night, we would NOT have gone to the movies, we would have stayed home and watched that for FREE. Why? Because it's GOOD! 24, GOOD. Survivor, GOOD. Desperate Housewives, GOOD. Corpse Bride-eh. Elizabethtown-pretty good. But when was the last time you or anyone else you know said, 'You have just GOT to see that in the theater!"?
Make some decent movies. I don't want to pay $30 to see any of the movies we saw previews for last night. One of them Doug said, we should put that on our Blockbuster Online Queque. I can watch good TV on my DVR and pause it if I need to go to the bathroom, I have TONS of leftover Halloween candy I can eat for FREE. If you want me to spend $30, you will have to make something I actually want to see.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Solution #3...People need to come over, watch a movie and eat all of our left over candy to get it the heck out of our house so I WILL STOP EATING IT!!!!!!

     
  • At 12:04 AM, Blogger Kenny said…

    You should really attach a picture to your blog of the ridiculous trough of candy (good name-brand stuff, too!) we have left over... come on over, we'll be watching "Big Fish" tomorrow night - on the big screen tv - high-def - with surround sound - sitting on Love Sacs - and we'll be watching all the extra features - and the disc cost us LESS than $30 for all of us to watch... I may never go to the movies again!

    BTW, my varification word is APXCHX

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    Call me a nut but I fully plan on buying a still to make biodiesel when we get back to the states. To make the good stuff you mix the filtered used oil with ethanol. The two by-products are 1. Diesel fuel and 2. Glycerin; which you can make soap out of or pitch it into your compost pile where it harmlessly goes back to nature.

    My verification code was xdope. YO!

     
  • At 6:02 PM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    Dave, I'll call you a genius! You can be the vice president!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home