Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Friday, November 18, 2005

The Next Holiday Is..........?

There are Christmas commercials, Christmas music in stores, Christmas sales and Christmas merchandise EVERYWHERE! I am NOT against Christmas, not by a long shot. I watched _Miracle on 34th STreet_ in August, people- I LOVE Christmas.

Poor little Thanksgiving. What a "boring" holiday it is to us Americans. There isn't much in Thanksgiving for anyone to gain so we ignore it, push it to the side or simply suffer through it to get to Christmas. Thanksgiving- a day to give Thanks to our creator for all our blessings; a day to reflect on our glorious, comfortable lives-yep, not that exciting for kids. I think it should be. I think we have really screwed up a great holiday. It makes me sad and yet.......


I know there are Christmas commercials because I see them when I am fast forwarding on the DVR, while I work on Christmas gifts. I know there is Christmas music, sales and merchandise in the stores because I have already started my shopping. I guess I am just an American who doesn't fully "believe" in the value of Thanksgiving either. Hmmmm......Maybe I should rename by blog "Do as I say, not as I do."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home