Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Stuff to Blog About

I've been teaching half day kindergarten for almost three weeks. It sucks. It sucks bad. Teachers always say," I could never teach fifth grade. How can you do that? The attitudes would drive me crazy!" I would take a classroom full of 30 fifth graders over 18 kindergartners that can't tie their own shoes; can't write their names; can't use a pair of scissors; can't raise their hands if they want to talk; and can't stand still for a measley 30 seconds of silence!!!! I taught all day today, morning and afternoon. It is just very frustrating for me- I'd rather have an abnoxious 11 year old who thinks I'm funny, than cute- almost- 5 year olds. I am thankful to have this job- only 3 more weeks- actually 2 and a half. The money is okay and we need it. In October, I'll be calling the computer searching for decent sub jobs. Two and a half more weeks-I can be thankful and complain about it sucking at the same time can't I?

Jack has become more active in the last week. I think I can just feel him more as he's getting bigger. I still don't think anybody else could feel it, which is a frustrating time because it is a joyful feeling that you just want to share. It is weird to think about having a boy. I always wanted a boy, but it feels very weird. I am the mother of girls who like to wear dresses (with pockies); play babies and Barbies; paint fingernails etc... Will Jack be an athlete? an artist? a stage hog? a wimp? a Star Wars geek? will he also like Hello Kitty? Who knows- it seems simpler with girls. It will be a fun adventure.

It makes me so sad when people don't blog. I click on people's names and....nothing, the same stuff I already read. I think I like blogs, because I can find out about people (which I love because I am very nosey) without having to have a conversation with them (which I hate, because I suck at interpersonal relationships with people I don't know well). Anyway, if you read my blog, chances are, I read yours so please blog more often- at least for me.

Doug is on the phone right now trying to set up our Survivor pool. The new season starts Thursday at 8:00. There will be a kickoff watching at our house at about 9:15. That's right, we're such big fans that we have to wait an hour to watch it after we tape it because our kids go to bed at 8:30. Such is life- at least we don't have to watch the commercials. If you don't know about the pool, give us a call, we might have spots left- you might win some money. If you want to watch the premiere- come on over, Thursday at 9:00.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home