Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Monday, September 08, 2003

Bowling for Columbine and Jack

So we watched Bowling for Columbine a week or two ago. I liked it. They really emphasized that Americans are full of fear and that in Canada people rarely even lock their doors. But, Doug and I parked our car on the street in front of our house two nights ago and our neighbors had it towed- the homeowner's association- to the shadiest towing company in town. The whole thing sucked. I haven't read Doug's blog yet, but I am sure it is full of details about the injustice and whatever.

On a positive note, we had an ultrasound today. It looks pretty definite that we are having a boy. Emma is thrilled. She has been saying she wanted a boy (actually she wanted two, but I told her to focus on this baby). Doug and I are both happy and I am very relieved because we actually have a boy name picked out and we were still searching for a girl name. So, in about five months Jack Douglas Citizen will be born. He will come home to a very active household with lots of other boys. The kids were playing outside tonight and I just thought how great our house is. It is so full of love (even Loredana and Gabriel love each other more than they can bear) and there is always laughter going on somewhere. I am glad that Jack will live here with us. That our love can grow even more and we can add one more voice to our laughter chorus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home