Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Tuesday, July 22, 2003

How was San Diego?

SO AMAZING! They have the best weather there. It was like 87 degrees or something. I didn't even realize how different it was until we got back and I burned the crap out of my hands in the car. It's humid there, which I usually don't like, but it wasn't quite the same as Las Vegas when it's humid here. Anyway, I took the kids to the beach; the Scripps Aquarium- hands-on "petting tank"; Sea World-twice (the second time was free); the Maritime Museum- really old boats to tour- the kids liked this more than I thought they would, and I was glad I took them even though it wasn't in my vacation "plan"; the Zoo-whatever, I'm just not that crazy about zoos in the first place and it is VERY hilly (65 pounds in a double stroller uphill= A LOT of exercise); and Balboa Park (the kids just played on a playground) That was the most humid day.
We also swam in the hotel pool- Emma has a very nice tan to show for it, despite the sun screen she wore- and we played at this little park right across the street from our hotel. Las Vegas has some really great parks and this little park was nothing compared to here, but kids like slides and sand so we played there. We ate at fun little non-chain restaurants and I watched TV versions of movies (Top Gun & Sixteen Candles) each night while Doug played games with his friends in the hotel room. It is nice to say, "Want to play a game?" and then be able to do it no matter what time it is and stuff, part of what I like about living with other people.
It was a great vacation. It was very relaxing, enjoyable to eat out every single meal, and refreshing to experience a different climate in the middle of July. I haven't read Doug's blog about the trip, but I am sure he had many animated details to share. We even dreamed about living in downtown San Diego some time in the future- What a great dream! If you get a chance to vacation in San Diego, I highly recommend it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home