Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Tuesday, July 08, 2003

A Lesson My Kids Taught Me About God

PLEASE NOTE: If you don't have kids you may not be able to relate much to this story. Maybe you'll realize what a luxury it is (I DO mean luxury) to unbuckle your seatbelt, open your door, close and lock you door and begin walking to you destination- LUXURY!

THE STORY: So Loredana has this terrible habit of taking off her shoes in the car. If we are going to my sister in laws (3-5 minutes drive) she has her shoes off when we get there. Emma has this habit of bringing some adorable toy that she just can't bear to leave at home into the car. Lately, it has been HOT. Twice now, as I've been standing in the burning heat, digging around the floor of my car for discarded shoes & waiting for Emma to kiss her baby goodbye, lay her down gently for a nap, and find her drink to bring, I've lost it! I mean horrible nagging mom in the parking lot, "Why do you have to take your shoes off? We haven't been in the car ten minutes! Emma let's go!! It's hot!! I want to go inside!" Both times I've done that, as I was carrying Loredana inside wherever we went she out of the blue started stroking my hair in this gentle "niiiice" way she has. (She does it to Gabriel a lot after she's decked him.) She knew I was upset and she knew it was because of her. She wanted to make me feel better. She was saying," I know, I'm selfish and want my feet to be comfortable in the car. I still love you and I hope you can feel better soon. Why don't I do that when God is frustrated with me? No, I usually justify my actions, try to cover something up or simply run away from Him in his frustration. He's just hot and wants me to get over it already, so He can move onto the next thing He's got to teach me. Maybe next time, I stroke His hair. Maybe I can learn that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home