Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Sunday, July 13, 2003

Hanging Out

It is SO fun living with our friends. Last night was like being in high school again. Just hanging out, talking, sharing things you wouldn't normally share, eating chips at midnight and so on. We didn't have to worry about our babysitters or getting kids into bed because there was NO BABYSITTER and our kids were already in bed, in their own beds. Nobody had to drive home (well, Tommy and Meghann did- sorry- You should try out the guest bed some time). It didn't really matter how late we played games or anything. It was just normal life, but it felt like normal life from a different time or a different place- maybe the "Friends" set. You know, they have kids, but they are only on the show when they need something cute to happen- at all other times the kids are always at a babysitter or something (not an accurate portrayal of parenthood in my opinion except our life with our "Friends" and our kids are sleeping soundly in their own beds dreaming of the games they will play with their friends ALL DAY tomorrow.)Anyways, I just wanted to say how happy I am about sharing our lives with our friends and how it seems like it would be very difficult to transition back into "normal society" with separate houses. I wonder if I will continue to feel this way.? I wonder if it will be impossible for me to transition back after five years.?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home