Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Friday, August 08, 2003

What Have I Been Doing?

That's more a question than a title. I feel like I've been so busy, but I'm not accomplishing the things I need to. That is such a terrible feeling! So, to answer it as a question, this week I have: watched my niece, Alex, everyday; done laundry; taken the kids to the orchard; taken the kids swimming- and lunch- at Susan Nyberg's house; paid the bills and balanced the checkbook; gone to a meeting at the Apex Office- I'm trying to work on having more mercy per my last blog; eaten dinner with Doug's family, where Carter amputated a lizard's leg as he caught it; attended an awesome parenting class before the Gathering on Sunday- it was great, if you signed up, but couldn't make it you should still come. I think it's going to be really good. The question is: Why do those things take up so much time? Why haven't I read a book, seen a movie, taken Emma shopping for new clothes, or gone a date with my husband? Those things seem like more fun and more meaningful. I've been getting about 8-10 hours of sleep a night, maybe I should stay up later.
I keep waiting for one of the modest Saga people to blog about their cool experience on Wednesday, but they're not. SO...... Wednesday, Channel 3 news did a short broadcast about FiveDollarFunny on their noon broadcast. Debbie and I watched from home and we were almost as excited as the kids- who thought it was AMAZING to see people they actually know on TV. It went well, I thought. If you have any connections to the media, call Meghann Peterson. If you haven't bought a ticket yet, you should they are $6 in advance and $8 at the show (if we have any tickets left then).
I guess I'm going to go see if I can actually accomplish something worthwhile today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home