Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Mrs. Ted Haggart

It is sad that Ted Haggart, a minister, has been living a lie. I personally am not as appalled by what he did as I am in the way responded when he was originally accused. I watched a video interview of him being interviewed by the local news. He stood there on camera and claimed he had never been in a gay relation. He stood there an claimed he had never taken drugs, "not even in high school"(direct quote)with a smile that bothered me. He went on to say that he and his wife don't drink, not even social drink. "We just don't do that sort of thing."(direct quote) Because, of course, "good christians" (my quotation marks) would never drink alcohol.

That was several days before he admitted to paying a male prostitute for drugs and sex-after he said he bought drugs but didn't take them and got a massage. I understand WHY he hid the truth in the first place when nobody knew. I don't understand why he went on camera claiming his innocence when the prostitute said he had voicemail messages that Haggart KNEW he left. In the interview he also said he had been faithful to his wife.

His poor wife. I wonder when he told her the truth. I wonder how old his five kids are. I wonder if gays should be accepted by churches so their leaders don't have to be the biggest hypocrites on earth. His wife would probably be better off. HER pastor had gay sex and lied about it. HER children's father had gay sex and lied about it. HER husband, of however many years, cheated on her, paid for sex outside of her marriage and lied about it. I can't imagine how she's dealing with it all. She could probably use some prayer about now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home