Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

The Oldies but Goodies

Yesterday we went to a little "carnival" at my grandma's assisted living place. It was cute with little games, a bake sale, caricatures, face painting, and a lady singing with only a keyboard.
There were several songs when all the elderly residents joined in singing. Some of the favorite sing a longs were: "This Land is Your Land", "I've been working on the Railroad", and "Oh my Darlin'". I started thinking about how these people had sung these songs when they were young. Then I started wondering what songs we will be singing in the retirement home when someone comes with a keyboard to entertain us: "Like a Virgin"; "Smells Like Teen Spirit"; "I'm too Sexy for my Shirt". We might even have a scuffle over which "Jump" to play..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home