Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

I LOVE Blockbuster Online

I had a gift card for Blockbuster so I decided to take the kids to the Blockbuster store. I planned to get them a movie and me my own movie. I loaded all three of them into the car, drove there, unloaded them, kept track of them while I looked for a movie. Then I took them to the kids' section to look. Of course, Brother Bear 2 and Hoot were both completely sold out. The girls each chose a movie. Then Jack was the tie breaker vote. He picked Loredana's movie then ran off down the aisle. I chased after him, returned the video games that he had knocked to the ground and carried him to the counter which is completely surrounded by candy. Emma was not right next to me so I looked around and found her sulking by the kids' movies because she didn't get to rent the movie she wanted to rent. Meanwhile, the guy was running my gift card, Jack was picking up all kinds of candy and Loredana was snatching it back out of his hand and returning it to it's proper place. Jack was freaking out because Loredana kept telling him that he was not getting candy, so I had to go get him and hold him while I finished checking out. Emma started asking if she could get candy or gum or something as a consolation for not getting to rent her movie of choice. The guy told me that I owed him $2 something because each movie costs $4.00.

As I walked out of the store I quickly remembered why I NEVER used to go to Blockbuster. I also realized the genius of Blockbuster online. I choose movies for myself and my kids. Then it's a surprise when they arrive in the mail. There is no voting on movies. There is no candy aisle. There is no in and out of the car. Monthly it is less than $20. It is so worth it! I love Blockbuster online almost equal to the amount that I hate regular Blockbuster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home