Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Through Other Kids' Eyes

Last night was Tommy's birthday party. Emma made friends with some girls about her age. I was standing in the sliding glass doorway. Emma and her new friends walked inside from outside. Emma pointed to Jack and said, "That's my brother Jack."
One of the girls said, "Oh, he's cute." I fast-forwarded about 12 years in the future when Emma will be 18 and Jack will be 13. Won't that be fun for Jack if 18 year old girls who are Seniors think he's cute? He will probably get more affection (and trouble out of Loredana's friends-who will be 15 at the time of my fictional story).
As Emma and her new friends came back through the kitchen Emma pointed to Marie and walked outside. As they came through the door I heard one of the girls say, " You sure do live with a lot of people!"
I laughed to myself at the time, but later as I told Kelly the story she said, " I wonder how long it will be before she gets embarrassed and realizes that it's weird that she lives with other people."
I don't know. I'm not sure I realize it yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home