Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

A Cruise is like a Mini- Summer Vacation

Today as I was driving I passed some high school kids who had just gotten off their last school bus for this school year. How fabulous is that? Three months of NO responsibilities-even high school jobs are pretty chilled out. Three months when your major time committments have been cancelled. When you can stay up until 3am watching movies or talking on the phone or staying at your friends' houses. Three months of leisure activities like swimming and camp and reading anything you choose.
I just had 3 days like that when we went on our cruise. It was absolutely amazing. Our time was our own. We stayed up too late. Ate great food. Drink a little (or a lot). Our time committments (kids and jobs) were "cancelled" for three whole days.
As great as three months off from life would be, I think I appreciated my three days more than most of those high schoolers. They will just be watching Footloose until three in the morning.
Maybe I'll go check out the Carnival Cruise line website right now-just get an idea when another mini summer vacation might work into my schedule.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger Laurie O. said…

    Cheryl,

    I tagged you on my blog which means if you'd like to, you can share with us about your favorite books!

    Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home