Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Old and BORING.....

This morning I did a last minute favor by driving my 14 year old niece to church. It was very last minute and my hair wasn't combed and I was wearing my "Nerd Twin T-Shirt", some plaid cotton shorts and sandals.
Ashlea got in my car dressed in regular teeanager jeans and a t- shirt, but she immediately opened her regular size backpack and started taking out and applying makeup as we drove. I realized that my car was silent because if I am driving alone I very often like quiet and when I do listen to the radio it's usually TALK RADIO. I was thinking about how old and boring I must seem to her. I was remembering back to when I was 14. I would have loathed an adult like me-so boring and UNcool.
She spent the entire 15 minute drive (that's right, I drive slow in my 4 cylinder outdated model minivan with no music playing) putting on makeup and fluffing/adjusting her hair. When we were almost to Canyon Ridge she pulled down the visor and asked if there was a mirror under the CD storage. I said there was so she took our CD storage thing off to reveal a mirror only slightly larger than the hand held mirror she had been using. She adjusted her hair a few more times and then replaced our CDs. Right before she got out of the car she put on her shoes, obviously not a high priority in the getting ready schedule.

Note to self: Hair first, makeup second, shoes last. If I had that schedule Ashlea still wouldn't be at church, lucky for her, I'm old and boring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home