Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Star Wars

Doug is gone right now with Mark, his oldest friend. (Doug and Mark have been friends for twenty years!) They have gone to buy tickets for the midnight show of Star Wars episode three. It's the last movie. You might think that with my Star Wars room filled with literally thousands of dollars worth of Star Wars toys and a husband completely obsessed-even though he claims not to be- that I would be happy that the last movie is about to open and we can just be done with Star Wars. The truth is that I can enjoy Star Wars more than most of the women I know. I get a tinge of that nostalgia every time a new movie comes out. Star Wars was part of my childhood too. I remember when my aunt told me they were making The Return of the Jedi. I couldn't believe it. I was so excited that there was going to be another Star Wars movie. My whole family went to see Return of the Jedi together at the movie theater at the mall. The truth is that if I was married to a man who hated Star Wars I would probably still see the new movies and I would still want my children to play Star Wars.

I am sad for Doug and Mark. They played with action figures together as children and again as adults when the toys were re-released. Mark was living in Florida when Episode two came out and Doug made sure he was back for a visit so they could see the movie together. Now they are buying and will watch the missing chapter together. What great memories. Thanks George Lucas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home