Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Wow! It's been a long time....

It has been a long time because I haven't had anything worthy of a post lately-still don't if you want to tune out now.

I will say that it is more than hot. It is unbelievable! I drove home today at 12:30 cooking in my car (no air conditioning-crazy I know, but my husband is being very sensible), but I wasn't sweating. Seriously, it must have just been evaporating. I guess that's "dry heat" for you.

I have been making an interesting observation for the last year or so. It is amazing how many people say "Mr. Bush". I noticed it during the election. Reporters etc. call him Mr. Bush an awful lot. I only remember the other presidents in my aware lifetime being called President Reagan, President Bush, President Clinton. Even John Kerry referred to him as President Bush-which made me like him even more because he was still respecting the office even though he disagreed with President Bush. I just don't remember people saying MR. Clinton. They still refer to him as President Clinton. The last comment I want to make in regard to politics is this: I was a republican until President W. Bush was elected. Things have happened in my own life that don't really have anything directly to do with him being president, but his first term in office is when I officially declared myself a democrat. To quote the great "Freaks and Geeks" TV series that EVERYONE should rent and be sad that it only had one season, "Everyone is a democrat until they get a little money and come to their senses." Maybe when I become rich by American standards I'll become a republican again.

We are going to San Diego for the weekend. Nothing makes me question living in Las Vegas more than visiting that amazing city. Kenny pointed out that it is almost 40 degrees cooler there. Forty degrees is a lot! Downtown San Diego is beautiful and you feel safe. The buildings have character and very little neon. The weather is absolutely perfect.

The rest of the summer is just ho hum. The only thing I have to look forward to is my seemingly perfect job starting the end of August. Perfect if you have to work, which I do because the USA doesn't have universal healthcare. "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" must not be at all related to your physical health or that of your loved ones.

WOW! I am so political today. I better go before I slip my thoughts of a conspiracy theory about the London Bombings.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:51 AM, Blogger Amy said…

    Iceland has State health care, water/heat (they use hot water for heat), day care and school (there are probably more). But they also pay 25% tax on everything! That means, in town, it costs us $7 for a McDonalds Happy Meal and $5 for 10 eggs!!! They also have a list of names that you have to choose from when naming your child if you want it to be a citizen.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home