Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Saturday, June 18, 2005

I've Been Tagged......

Thank you Laura for tagging me.

How many books do you own?
Personally, about 25-50. That includes scrapbooks, yearbooks etc.

What was the last book you bought?
Reading Lolita in Tehran for our book club. Unfortunately, I didn't really enjoy the book.

What was the last book you read?
Tara Road by Maeve Binchy for our book club. I can't comment until after our meeting.

Name 5 books that mean something to you.

1. The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. I only read it once and when I tried to reread I just lost interest. The movie is okay, but the book really is so much better-books usually are. It will help you remember to cherish what is actually important today. Love, memories don't take them for granted.

2. Midwives. I'm not sure of the author, but it was one of the only Oprah books I've actually enjoyed at all.

3. Alas Babylon (again I'm not sure of the author) but I had to read it my senior year in Modern Lit. It is post apocalyptic. I still think about some of the ways those characters survived and how they relied on each other. Also that coffee was a high "price"trading item. We all take it for granted.

4. True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi is actually a Young Adult book that I read to my fifth graders. It is well written and shows how far we've come with women's rights etc.. It is full of mystery and just a good story.

5. The Giver by Lois Lowry. I gave this Young Adult book to Doug for Christmas and then I read it in one day. (What can I say, I don't have enough time to read as much as I would like.) Fair isn't always best.

Your turn Kelly, Heidi, Meghann, and Greg H.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home