Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Trumpets and Fanfare

This is my 100th blog post. Actually, it is not- but Blogger lost it somehow on the day I was SUPPOSED to be at Legoland, and wasn't, I blogged about my lost vacation and Blogger lost it. I have been kind of discouraged about it and busy so I haven't blogged since. I am back and hopefully returning to my normal blogging self.

On my Blog Vacation....... I didn't go to Legoland or Oceanside, because our car broke down on the California side of Primm. We had to get the van towed all the way back to town. The next day (since we weren't in California as planned) we had Kids' Day. It's like Mother's Day or Father's Day. The kids each wrote down three things they wanted to do and we put them in a hat, drew them out and did them. In trying to think of activities I was encouraging them to write down things they don't get to do very often. Emma said, "We do almost everything all the time." I guess the old saying is true- everyday is Kids' Day.
I went back to work. It has been okay, but I have a lot more kids than I ever had last year- I sure do miss those kids that could cut, and write their names, and raised their hands. I am sure these kids will get there, but they have a LONG way to go right now. My school is not in the best area and most of my kids live in apartments and do not come from the most supportive homes. It is sad and tiring. I think I might change after this school year. (Poor Cheryl- don't you feel sorry for me??) I am pathetic.

We have a new family member- a girl. Her name is Sara and her last name is Parker. I have never seen her eyes or heard her voice, so I am pretty sure she is a great baby. We are growing fast here at the Big House. We still a have a baby on the way. Marie is due in the Spring. She is hoping for a girl and we need another one to even things out.

We are getting the back yard done next week. We are looking forward to it immensely. I really want to plant a vegetable garden and some flowers. It is not the ideal season, but it is ideal to plant desert landscape because the plants can get settled before the summer. But, oh, grass will be so nice. We are quite tired of dirt and rocks- we have so many rocks and so many little kids. Kids love rocks. Kids love to throw rocks. That is actually what they are for-throwing. Grass will be a nice passive change.

Emma started First Grade. She likes it I think, but has realized that it is such a long day. She has a few friends in her class and her teacher has come highly recommended. Loredana started back to preschool today. Both of her teachers had Emma in preschool and had a lot to share about Loredana's first day. Jack is eating Cheerios and prefers them to all other foods. He can scoot himself forward, but is not actually crawling yet. My kids are great. I love them. I wish I didn' t complain so much about them.
Doug is still the best husband ever. He's on a movie kick of some kind. He is at Blockbuster right now cashing in two free movies from different promotions. He is more upset about Emma's long day than she is.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:25 PM, Blogger Laurie O. said…

    Sorry you lost the post. I've had that happen and it is SO disappointing! Now i write in note pad, or I copy it before I hit 'post.' Hope that helps.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home