Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Saturday, July 24, 2004

Daddy is Out of Town......

But at least there's Tommy.

Last night we went to Red Robin for part of house church. We had to wait a while. Emma wanted to play the games in the lobby. Specifically she wanted to play "The Claw", which I explained to her AGAIN that it is just a trick and that machine really just steals your money. Next, she wanted to play a game where you were guaranteed to get a bouncy ball. I considered it. Then I saw a sign on the machine that said if you bounce it in the restaurant that it will be taken away. I told Emma that maybe on the way out she could play. Then I noticed it was 75 cents per turn. I told her absolutely NO WAY!!!  I went back to talking and the next thing I know, Emma is playing "The Claw". Tommy claimed they were bored so he gave the kids the money. He also bought a ball for each of the six kids who were old enough to realize free balls were being given out. So often, Tommy reminds me of Doug. (Sorry for you Meghann, but it is good for all the kids of the world) My kids love having Tommy and Meghann (and Avery) in their lives.  We're looking forward to Tommy's party tonight.

Doug is still out of town until late Sunday/early Monday- depending on how you look at it. We have been trying to stay busy to keep our minds off of it. For the most part it is working, but my back cannot be tricked. Neither can Emma.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home