Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

A Good Quote for Someone Who Quotes Other People's Blogs

We all know that I am no longer quoting other people's blogs. However, it is late at night. I am tired. Doug is out of town and I have to get to bed. This guy's blog address is long, so I just cut and pasted it. If you would like to read the whole thing you can get to it by going to Greg Hubbard and then Alan Creech.

The Gem:

The Church is the prototype for redeemed humanity.  We call people to get with the Kingdom program before the King returns to kick ass.  We can start by calling the Christians to it.  So we learn to love each other.  Not perfectly, but well.  Our love is stunted, and clumsy, and messy, and subject to all sorts of mixed motivations.  But we can learn to love well as God changes us.  He will change us. 
End Quote

What struck me was "Our love is stunted, and clumsy, and messy, and subject to all sorts of mixed motivations." I think that is just honest. We don't have it figured out. Be patient as God molds me. I will try to be patient with you too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home