Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Why Blog?

I have been thinking about why like blogs so much because of a few conversations I've had. And THAT is reason #1 why I like to blog: I am a VERY slow thinker. I think about conversations for hours and days after they happen. I always think of exactly what I wish I would have said. I confirm the things I actually said or clarify them in my head. My blog allows me to say the things I wish I would have said or resay them in a better way.
#2 I can take breaks while formulating my sentences and edit AS I "say" them with my blog. You can't do that in real conversations because people won't want to talk to you.
#3 I can create a conversation topic (for myself) that I might not bring up with people I only casually know.
#4 I don't have to worry about what you think. (I worry a lot about this.) I just recently added comments to my blog because I have only just recently begun to read the comments posted on other people's blogs. They are interesting. Sometimes you can see the flip side of an issue or read an argument you wouldn't have thought of yourself etc. While it does briefly freak me out when I find out that someone is actually reading my blog, I like to know what the people that I love think about McDonald's Coke. Even if you comment I can respond slowly (see #1).
#5 A friend of mine recently said that blogs where you don't mention names and stuff tend to be more deep and honest than "Just the Facts Please" type reports. As I've thought about that for a bout a month, I realized that it is so true. I try not to mention names and talk more generally because I want to be honest in stating my opinion.
#6 You can learn a lot about people by reading their diaries, which is what a blog is- sorry boys. I know things that people were thinking about while they were at my house or lived in the house with me that I never would have known. Some thoughts you don't share out loud. Blogs can give you a voice for those thoughts.
#7 Strangers. As a general rule I don't talk to strangers AT ALL. I barely talk to the people I know. I have found several new friends by reading blogs. I check in with these people often. Let me introduce Liz Creech, Alan Creech, Laura Ogle, and Beth Keck.
#8 The last reason I like blogs is that they are something I can accomplish while nursing Jack. I check blogs at least once a day because I nurse about five times a day while I'm awake (multitasking) and I have just typed most of this post one handed ( and had 2 phone conversations).

So, there you have it (I erased a person's name from this spot-see #5- I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings) the best reasons I can give for why people who went through the trouble of creating a blog, should actually post in them.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:10 AM, Blogger Tera said…

    i can completely relate to the multi-tasking with three kids around!! i wanted you to know that i have really enjoyed getting to know you through your blog~slowly!

     
  • At 8:49 AM, Blogger + Alan said…

    I think I just found out I'm one of your new friends - cool. Peace be to you and all who enter this house (blog). And boys call it a "journal" - sounds more intense or something - ha.

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    Yikes- you caught me. I quote you often because I agree with your "take" on church. I am part of a simple church network in Las Vegas, Nevada. It is encouraging to hear from others dealing with some of the same trials so, I read several blogs from Vinyard Central.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home