Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Misc..... Without Any Quotes

Okay, I'm honestly OFF the quotes. Doug told me he was all confused by my blog because he didn't know when I was the one talking and when something was a quote. The specific blog he was talking about, ironically, didn't have any quotes in it at all. It was ALL ME, baby. Anyway, I am taking a break from quoting people. I do, however, think this is a good sight to visit and read for fun. (Make sure you read the journals, they have interesting comments about our wonderful state.)

Yesterday I was at In-n-Out Burger and just realized that all the strangers around me have lives-unless I'm in the movie Truman Show and I'm the star, which isn't likely because my life is fairly uneventful and boring-they have people they love, jobs, hobbies, friends- A LIFE that does not involve me. I don't know these people. They don't know me. Then I was struck by the fact that Apex is small and it is difficult to love the people involved enough. Ramon's family hurts. Sherry, Suzie, and Kellinee are trying to take girls to India. Rex is a mess. Andy's trying to sell his store and start a new business to support his family. I haven't talked with Lori in a while. Why aren't Jim and Nicole blogging? Luc is home and Greg is in Law School. Sia and Meghann are both in summer school with hard classes. How can we help? What is the best way to love these people and all the other people with struggles I didn't even mention???? On top of that, there is a WORLD that we are supposed to invite into our family and love. There are strangers I have come in contact with- Marie, whose 13 year old son ran away yesterday, again; Judy, whose husband is working as much as she is and they need more time together with their kids; Michelle, who is having some strange medical problems and is trying to get tests done while juggling her kids' schedules and husband's job schedule. Pray for these people with me, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed right now because I haven't been able to put much action behind my words of concern.

Tangent-Stray Thought

After In-n-Out we went to a video game store by Wal*Mart on Rainbow (because I needed to pick something up, yeah right) and while I was waiting in the car with the kids I realized that EVERY shopping center has EXACTLY the same crap in it. It actually amazed and stunned me. How many insurance offices do we need in one town? How many Radio Shacks? How many Tanning Salons and Nail, Pedicure places? How many discount Hair Salons? Port Of Subs? McDonald's? Cingular Stores? It's kind of baffling how these places are all able to stay open. However, we DO need another In-n-Out on this side of town because Lake Mead and Rock Springs NEVER has enough seating and the drive thru causes traffic problems on Rock Springs.

Tommy and Meghann

I am sor/glad (sorry and glad) about Rex. Both your blogs brought joy and happiness to my spirit. I'm glad my family includes you guys, and Avery too.

6 Comments:

  • At 2:15 AM, Blogger Kenny said…

    I'm with you - all except the Radio Shack thing. Need 'em. Gotta have 'em.

    And show your hubby how to do the comments thing. Unless he WANTS it hidden.

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger Laurie O. said…

    Hey, thanks Cheryl for linking me up there. I am guessing you are in Nevada from your comment about what Jeff and Mike had to say on their bicycle trip, the great sitting. I haven't had enough time to read much here, so I could be wrong...?

    Again thanks! This blogging stuff is the bomb.

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger Laurie O. said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8:29 PM, Blogger Laurie O. said…

    That was a double post. (This makes it a triple, haha.)

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    Laura,
    I've been reading your blog for about a year. I enjoy it. The first post of yours that I read was about a "Christian" Credit Card offer. Your comments were hilarious. I do live in Las Vegas, NV. I am not ashamed.

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger Laurie O. said…

    Yeah, those guys are on quite a journey, but I know their comments didn't represent your state well. I bet their impressions were negative due to the sheer challenge it was to even attempt that ride across the desert.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home