Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Saturday, June 19, 2004

Just Letting Others Speak For Me Again...

I have had more than a few discussions with people about Apex lately and read what people have said through blogs. As is my new custom, I have an article that I found on a stranger's blog and an interesting comment from that blog to share. Process and enjoy.

The Article:


http://www.off-the-map.org/idealab/04-06/megachurch.html#readmore#readmore

A comment: (Cheryl added the BOLD font, but the words are Lloyd's- maybe we should invite him to Apex)

Wouldn't it be a perfect compromise to have a network of house churches that meet together once a month for a large worship gathering?

I like the concept in Dan Kimball's book "Emerging Worship" where he states that relationships should be the foudation of the church and not the two hour meeting on sunday (I go to an episcopal church with long sermons!)

If that is the case then ideally small churches should be preferred. However, can we say that people are spritually inferior if they truly worship God at a large church? No. God is bigger than our systems.
Lloyd Nichols | Email | Homepage | 06.07.04 - 2:37 am | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes, Lloyd, thankfully he is (bigger than our systems)!
Aaron | Email | Homepage

Cheryl's Back:
Other comments can be read at:
http://kline.blogspot.com/
from June 4, 2004.
I'm not sure I agree 100% with anything I've cut and pasted here or read in the comments, but there are a lot of good things to think about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home