Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Thursday, June 10, 2004

Stealing Those Alan Creech Quotes Again

Also, there is the matter of poor spiritual direction - crippled leadership. We have had so long a period of those "over" us living our spiritual lives for us, controlling us and having no real relationships with us that our proper development as persons in Christ has been unfathomabley stunted - perhaps beyond our ability to perceive. We have been so stuck in this way of being the Body that no matter whether you are the teacher or the learner, you are equally stunted and blind. But Jesus came to give sight to the blind. He came to make the lame walk again. I think He's doing that, and will continue to do so if we let Him. It may take major spiritual surgery, but I believe it can be done



Jack

Yesterday he had rice cereal for the first time and rolled from his tummy to his back. How do you stop your kids from growing so fast?


Emma

I made a deal with Emma that if she broke a habit I don't like, I would give her five dollars a week, but every time I catch her doing it I will take a dollar back. The first time I caught her I said, "Emma, now it's four dollars." She said, "How 'bout you start with ten?"


Loredana

Middle Children-Life is SO unfair for them. She is sad that preschool is over for the summer, so I want to sign her up for a Mommy and Me gymnastics class- th first class is on the exact day and time as Emma's birthday party.
She loves the huge spider in REturn of the King-I should not let her watch such things, but she liked it after Doug had a Daddy/Daughter movie night. She is also interested in anything resembling a monster or being scary- right down to The Spooky Old Tree. "I yike it", she says.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home