Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Tuesday, May 04, 2004

I Liked This

Life gets filled with things we "have to do".


This from Tim Parsley's Blog:

ok - all you other bloggers have inspired me with your poetry. so, here's a little waxing poetic from me...

life is happening, by tim parsley

i stand in line
shoulders heavy in their sockets
eyes lazy on the glossy covers
nostrils forgetting to intake
mouth needing flavor
lady takes a long time
with coupons
could shove my cart
forward a bit
just a nudge
a hint
that life is happening
and we’re all missing it
for an extra forty-seven cents
off

Back to my own thoughts.......

Sorry to burst your bubble in my last blog Gene.

And just to clarify...... you BUY things on Ebay, you don't really WIN things. (This has been recently discussed in our house.) It's GENIUS: they trick you with words like "win", "plus shipping and handling" (often this makes the item you are purchasing at a discount not a discount), and symbols like red shooting stars (the only way to improve your standing-buy, that's right, BUY more stuff). They play on people's sense of identity, pride, and competitive spirit. Because really, you're just shopping and spending money. That's it. Shopping.
Have you heard the Weird Al song about E-bay?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home