Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Sunday, May 02, 2004

Jack's Future

I was looking at Jack's ears yesterday and started wondering if he would ever pierce them. Isn't that weird? After all, he's 12 weeks old. I wondered what types of things he would do to his body in his lifetime. Overeat? Smoke? Workout? Inject things? Tattoos (will it say "Mom")? Piercings? Long hair? Short hair? Blue hair?

We all kind of start out the same (6-10 pounds, milk, baby food, PE class, TV) but we all make different choices about how to treat our bodies. I wonder about my girls too. They are both on the normal to thin side. How can I teach them how to stay that way when I have failed to do that in my own life? How can I teach them effectively to treat their bodies respectfully and make others do that as well?

I love Jack's little dimpled butt, double chin, stick out ears, and bowl full of jelly belly. I hope he takes care of it all. I hope I don't screw his body up before he leaves home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home