Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Million Minutes

My friend Barbara used to say that she "would rather have a million free minutes than a million free dollars."
Don't start on all that mumbo jumbo about how if you had a million dollars you would free up a bunch of your time. Yeah- we get how money works. Think about it in terms of everything else staying the same. If you have a job now, you would have the same job then. Would you rather have the dollars or the minutes? The minutes I'm talking about are completely FREE. You can use them whenever you want and other people can only be present when you are using your minutes by your invitation. The minutes wouldn't take away from time with your family, or your job, or your "life". The minutes would be extra to do with as you please. Free minutes- like a long distance plan. Sign me up. I'll take 'em. You can keep the million.
You see, I don't know if Barbara still says that phrase or not because I don't see Barbara. Time has a way of getting away from you and before you know it, too much time has passed and Barbara and I are more like strangers. Once, she was one of my best friends. Now, a stranger. If I'd had some free minutes, maybe I could have saved our friendship. Maybe not. I'll never know. I saw some of my oldest friends tonight- they were at the restaurant with my Girls' Night Out. We talked briefly. Time- it is very precious. I am losing time. I don't know how to get a hold of my schedule, but I've got to. I'm very busy accomplishing nothing and not spending time with people who are important to me. If only there really were a million free minutes, how great that would be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home