Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

1-800-Bestthingever

As a kid I always wanted to order things from TV and couldn't figure out WHY my parents weren't ordering music and ceramics constantly. Those commercials were SO appealing to me! I can't remember exactly which one I wanted most, but it was a music compilation that just seemed like the best thing ever. I also remember an Elvis Collection that I wanted to get for my dad, but of course you had to be 18 years or older to order. Sadly, my dad is missing that Elvis collection to this very day.

Emma just brought me a phone number she had written down from a commercial to order "Floam" and she informed me earlier that if you order NOW then you get a second color free and they'll double the amount of "Floam" you receive. She was very anxious and insisted that we needed to order "right away". She is suffering from the same delusion I had as a child-why on earth aren't my parents ordering this quality merchandise?

Last summer, she was DYING to order the "Chocolate Factory" which was another 1-800 ordering thing she had a seen a commercial for. The only place I ever see or hear about these 1-800 ordering is on cartoon stations-hmmmmmmmm, interesting. Anyway, she was fortunate enough to receive the "Chocolate Factory" for Christmas from Brad and Marie. She has made several chocolate items and I actually used it personally to make some peanut butter ball candy for Christmas. So, basically-it IS the best thing ever. Maybe I should go order some "Floam" right away.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:31 AM, Blogger MrH said…

    Hey, Victoria wanted me to get that stuff for her birthday. She must not be paying very close attention to the infomercial since she had no urgency and was willing to wait until March :)

     
  • At 12:53 AM, Blogger Amy said…

    What was that liquid stuff that you blew through a straw and it magically became a large ball? That's what I always wanted to order.

     
  • At 12:51 AM, Blogger doug said…

    Damb I wanted the knives prety bad, or some other multi purpose tool.

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    That liquid stuff smelled REALLY good, Amy. Like rubber cement!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home