Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Part 2 (you MIGHT want to check out part one to help this make sense.)


I have actually been thinking that Apex does not love enough. I thought it when old Apex members were leaving and staying members were hurt or put out (myself included). My sister left because they didn't feel appreciated. They didn't feel loved. Where they went to after they left didn't make them feel appreciated or loved either, but at least it was fun. (NOT a substitute and also not my point.)

I stand by my statement that I don't think we love enough.
Amy said: What if we taught our kids that by loving ourselves we make sure we are fed, dressed, cleaned and kept healthy and by doing those things for others is truly loving them?I guess to me it's just all too simple. I think the problem we have is that we talk about "loving people" but we don't understand that loving is an action not a feeling. I don't think you can truly love someone without serving them in some way. (As usual Amy, we are on the same page, but think we're on different ones because of the "translation" we are referencing.)

I say we doen't love enough. Amy says we don't serve each other enough and we can't love without serving. I would agree with that. I reference the following passage to describe the love I am talking about. These are verbs (mostly); actions of service:

1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perserveres. Love never fails......." Are we patient, kind, envious, boastful, proud, rude, self seeking, easily angered, recording the awful things others do, do we search for the truth and delight in it? Do we protect, trust, hope, perservere? Have we perservered together? Do we trust, protect and put hope in our leaders, in our friends? Are we selfish by asking what Apex has does for us lately? Do we show patience to the world? Are we rude to smelly people, people without cars or allergic to cats (just kidding). Basically, are we loving all our neighbors or only the ones who live in our neighborhood? People with food, cars, half a million dollar mortgages aren't the only neighbors we have.

My point is: We do not love enough. We never have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home