Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Monday, January 17, 2005

Sicky Sugars

The men in my family are sick. I hate having sick kids-it sucks! To make matters worse, Doug is also sick. That leaves me to care for Jack-who's sick-and the girls who are currently well. That's not really the unfortunate part. The unfortunate part is that, because of a complex relationship with my dad who fakes being sick to get out of participating in events he doesn't like, I don't have patience or compassion for people who are actually sick. I need to grow in this area. It is one of the only areas where people are in a bad circumstance, not because of anything they did, that I don't have compassion for. I'm sorry Doug. I'll try harder.

Jack is easy to please. Lift up the shirt and let him nurse. That is the only thing that has helped him rest and comforted him today. Needless to say, it is hard to get very much accomplished. I gave him Gatorade, he didn't like it. I keep trying to give it to him. Now when he sees it coming, he just pushes the bottle away. He really just doesn't like it.

So, the only thing worse than having sick kids is being sick while trying to take care of well kids. Hopefully that scenario is not in my future.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    I am so with you! It actually makes me mad when Dave gets sick. When he's sick he stays home from work...that doesn't work so well for me. Maybe next time I get sick I should pack up and check into a hotel...hmmm!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home