Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Friday, December 03, 2004

So What's With Bumper Stickers?

For the sake of this post consider window decals, personalized license plate & their borders and regular old bumper stickers as bumper stickers.
I have been noticing bumper stickers more lately. Doug & I have had a couple of conversations about them. WHAT IS WITH THEM? Do we really need one more way to exercise our "Freedom of Speech"? Is that what they are really? Do I need to know that you are a member of the NRA? That you voted for Gore in 2000? That you are proud that your idiot child is a bully?

What is going on? Do we really need to be able to insult people as we drive around? I find a lot of it very offensive and even if I agree with whatever it is, it just gives me another way to judge you by your car. Back to my point.....insulting...... okay, if you have a cartoon character peeing on my brand of car, what are you saying? How am I supposed to respond? I'M NOT!!! because I'm in my car and you're in yours- it's actually passive agressive. Doug told me he saw a rapture bumper sticker that went like this: In case of rapture, car is yours. Think about that. I guess that's a good way to "witness" to people, try to scare them. How arrogant! How many times have you heard about someone getting cut off or flipped off by someone with a fish on their car? It just gives people ammunition to judge you, that's why I just drive around with my van caked with dirt, filled with trash and car seats, a plain old Nevada license plate with NO border, and only Wal-Mart stickers on the tail lights because the kids put them there. No, I'm not TRYING to make a statement. I don't have to try. People will judge me by what they see. They don't need to know what I do for a living, what kind of food I eat, what type of car my other car is, or what sports' teams I like. I don't need to give them anything else to dislike me for. My driving might just do it.
Now, what's with people lining their back windshields with stuffed animals?

In other news, my hair is growing back in and it looks hideous. I can't pull the sides back because of all the new growth- which by the way, was my hairstyle of choice on busy mornings (pretty much every morning). Maybe I should go for a crew cut. Maybe I should get a clever bumper sticker about how my kids made my hair fall out. Any ideas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home