Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Saturday, November 13, 2004

I've Become a Lazy Blogger

I haven't blogged lately. Nobody else really has either, but I used to bag on people for not blogging at least once a week. Now.....here I am. My name is Cheryl, It's been two weeks since my last blog.
In my defense, I 've been busy. I went back to work. I went out of town. I voted. I threw my sister a baby shower (maybe that was 3 weeks ago). Doug and I painted my mom's living room. I'm still nursing like 23 and 1/2 hours a day (not really, but it feels like it sometimes). I've been spending an average of half an hour a day emailing a new friend. I've been trying to get Christmas underway so I am not finishing at 3am on Christmas Eve. I'm busy and my kids don't play sports or anything. I'm afraid that someday I'm going to look back at this time and wonder why I thought I was so busy. We are busy, but I feel like we don't really have anything to "show" for it. I don't know what I'm trying to say. But we live with our friends and often feel like we don't have time to hang out. If we lived alone, I guess we would be total islands.

On a different note: I'm loving the weather. Lots of good rain and nice and cold. There's already snow on Mount Charleston and it's shaping up to be a good winter for weather-in my opinion.

What's with bumper stickers ?

1 Comments:

  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger MrH said…

    You make a big difference, and maybe the reason you don't have anything to physically hold in your hand to show for it, is because most of your time is invested in people. I'm sure Tommy's life wouldn't be the same without Doug, and I know I see you all not even intentionally at least once a week, which I love and that is a time commitment. You pour yourselves into so many children's lives who don't know any better to thank you until they're like at least 30. So, here I am giving you a long distance hug through a computer, how impersonal I know, but I'll put a little more into it the next time I give you a hug when I see you. I don't even have a clue what most of your day consists of, but these few things I have listed don't even scratch the surface of what I even see is a result of your influence in the world, and your not dead yet. It's all in the details Cheryl. I think you'll look back, when someone else is pointing it out to you years down the road, because you are humble and so unfull of yourself and you'll see what a difference your life has made, and since you'll be looking back you obviously would have even more time to touch even more lives. You are an awesome sister in Christ, and I am thankful that you encouraged me to read my Bible. Although I am not finished I wouldn't be on the journey I am without your influence. :)Love ya, Michelle.
    P.S. Thank you for reminding me that Saturday is ladies night out, the other day. I seriously am appreciative for the reminder.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home