Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

ABC's Instead

I was going to blog and list all the really crappy things that have happened in my life in the last week. Nobody wants to think about it- least of all me, so I decided to write a poem instead. I have been thinking of writing this particular poem for a while, but didn't until now.

The ABC's of What I Hate.... by Cheryl Citizen

A- Analog- I think it is a made up thing, but men LOVE to sing its praises.
B- Brussel Sprouts.
C- Cleaning Anything, Cockroaches
D- Dieting
E- Exercise, Emergency Rooms
F- Fords
G- Gross old food in the fridge
H- Health Insurance
I- Insurance- all kinds.
J- Junk I've purchased thinking it was going to last.
K- Killing Time-wasting my most precious resource at places like the DMV.
L- Losing Touch with Old Friends
M- Moving
N- No comments on people's blogs. It is selfish, but I wish everybody accepted comments.
O- Ordering at restaurants- it's stressful.
P- Pet Rocks- they are taking over. Pop up ads.
Q- Quitting things.
R- Risks
S- Socks
T- Telemarketing calls
U- Unfinished tasks- I have plenty.
V- Video tapes- I'm spoiled now with DVD. Rewinding is stupid.
W- Warranties, War
X- Trying to think of words that start with X. This letter is unnecessary in the English language.
(KS could easily replace it in most situations and Z in the others)
Y- Yo-yos- not fun.
Z- Zoos- especially the "Petting" kind.

If you order now you get an additional poem at absolutely no charge.

The ABC's of What I Love.... By Cheryl Citizen

A- Autumn
B- Baking, Backyard- ours. Blogs
C- Christmas, Candles, Cruises
D- Doug
E- Emma
F- flowers
G- Gardening (at least the idea)
H- Halloween
I- Ice Cream
J- Jack
K- Kissing
L- Loredana
M- Marriage
N- the Notebook by Nicholas Sparks (the book. I didn't see the movie.)
O- Open windows with the perfect breeze blowing through.
P- Pedicures
Q- Quiet hmmmmm...... a wonderful sound
R- Relaxing- I vaguely remember it.
S- Surveys- Who wants my opinion?
T- Thanksgiving, Turkey
U- Umbrellas- Rain is what I really love, but U is also a bad letter to start words with.
V- Vacations- especially road trips!!!
W- Wreaths on doors
X- seX
Y- Yellow walls
Z- zzzzzzzzzzzz I get too little.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hooray for seX!
    -jim

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Blogger The Hubbard Family said…

    Very well done -- on both lists of ABCs. Almost inspired me to copycat and do the same thing. And, we wouldn't mind reading your depressing, complaining thoughts either. We all can relate! Keep writing,

    Greg

     
  • At 6:25 AM, Blogger New Life said…

    Wow, that was really good! I just found your blog. I was thinking about gratitude and I loved how you used the ABCs to write. That would be a good "exercise" to incorporate in my life. :)


    Thanks,
    Rick

     
  • At 3:29 AM, Blogger MrH said…

    Congrats on your new yard! I can't wait to see it. I don't know what is crummy for you right now, but I hope the waves have calmed and that you can sail smoothly with nice soft breezes for a while. I hope things get better. Call anytime! If I can help let me know. I am going to try and call you tomorrow. I hope I am successful! I too enjoyed your ABC's. Writing of any kind is therapeutic, know matter how you spell it!
    Love ya,
    Michelle.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home