Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Monday, November 22, 2004

Thanksgiving: The Middle Child
Last year I posted a blog about Thanksgiving and how it is a forgotten holiday. This year I have been reaffirmed. There are no Thanksgiving paper towels, dish towels, wrapped candy with turkeys on them. We go straight from Halloween to getting ready for Christmas. Thanksgiving is just a day for football, naps, overeating, and making your kids eat things they don’t appreciate- sounds like everyday America, not a holiday. It’s time for Thanksgiving to have a good old fashioned teenage rebellion- get everybody’s attention!!
Step 1: Get a good mascot/legend. People associate history with BORING. I know you aren’t really boring, but the general population and don’t forget about the kids. Turkeys are also boring. Horses, kangaroos, dolphins=interesting.
Step 2: Figure out a way to give candy or gifts or anything that people can get greedy about. I’m sure we could figure something out with a cornucopia.
Step 3: Rename the cornucopia- weird word, doesn’t mean anything.
Step 4: Kid friendly food. Native Americans ate popcorn- go with that. Caramel, cheese, popcorn balls- there’s a lot we could do with that.
Step 5: Advertise. Get some TV specials- We’ve all seen Snoopy, can’t someone else come up with something? Cute shirts, buttons, hats- not Pilgrim, remember? BORING.
OR



OR



OR


OR


Take some time out of your year. Take a day, spend it with your family. Talk. Play games. Pray. GIVE to other. THANK God for your blessings. Share your blessings. STOP thinking about Christmas for ONE DAY. BE THANKFUL. It’s only one day. The other 364 we can all be Rich Americans who take things for granted.
Okay, I got a little preachy. Sorry about that. I do think it is sad and ridiculous that we ignore the middle holiday. Maybe it does need a rebellion. Maybe you should start it, I’ve got to go wrap the Christmas presents I bought today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home