Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Monday, December 13, 2004

I Miss Comments..........

(This post is actually a comment I would have left on Tera's blog IF she still had a comment option.)

People act like everyone is easily offended by other people's religious beliefs. I usually think it is blown out of propotion, but this year I had a family refuse to do a homework counting page because the picture items used were Hanukkah symbols like dreidels. The mom told me that they don't celebrate Hannukah and they didn't want their child ....counting.... such items-bizarre.

It is my opinion that if I want to enjoy the freedom to practice my choice of "religious" beliefs I've got to let other's do the same. The more belief systems we have represented, the safer our freedom of religion is- IN MY OPINION.

However, my Kindergarten class made a graph of December holidays that we each celebrate. One kid marked Hanukkah and then I found out that they don't, they only celebrate Christmas. 100% of my class celebrates Christmas- not very diverse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home