Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Thursday, December 23, 2004

It's a Wonderful Life

I love the movie, it's on our "Must Watch" Christmas movie list. We remember watching it as a young poor married couple curled up together under a blanket because we wouldn't run the heat in our drafty first house. It's a sappy "feel good" movie and I like it.
We watched it last night and was, of course, evaluating my life in comparison. It would be interesting to see the world if I had not existed, but I'm not sure much would be different-aside from my children. What I am sure of however is that if I could see my life clearly I would see the same "supporting" characters. Sunday night there were so many supporting characters making crafts, eating chili, laughing and singing carols. Monday I spent a large chunk of the day at a park with a friend and her four children. Monday night Tommy & Meghann came over and we all exchanged gifts. My family was given more than we gave and we thank givers for being so generous. We enjoyed the fun of exchanging gifts and the company was excellent. Last night we watched It's a Wonderful Life with some of our housemates. It's fun to watch it with a new-be. I've seen it so many times and I have my favorite parts, but a new-be experiences the movie completely different.
Tonight we spent with Doug's family eating Fondue and exchanging gifts.

We are loved. It's a Wonderful Life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home