Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Call Me Old Fashioned

I have to:
do laundry for five people
cook dinner for eleven people
nurse a TODDLER
raise three children
change an average of 12 diapers a day
pay bills
check my email
wash my car
call people
garden
and blog.

With that To Do list, why would I choose to check myself out from the grocery store? No thank you. I enjoy that someone else is doing something for me. I'm already loading all the stuff onto the conveyer belt and lifting the bags into my cart and juggling my wallet while I work the debit machine while Jack pulls on my arms. I DON'T NEED ANYTHING ELSE TO DO! The surprising thing is that they now have one "courtesy clerk" observing four check stands which means they are saving money. I haven't noticed the prices going down. Where is the money going? Not to me.
You will not find me in a self check out line. I have never worked a cash register before, but if I did I can guarantee you that I would be the idiot at McDonalds that can't find the keys and has no idea what they are doing. Do you want to be behind me in a line? I don't think so.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger Laurie O. said…

    My comment is in the same vein as Kelly's. Make sure and take some time for yourself. It's too easy to let so many other responsibilities completely take over your life.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home