Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Gymnastics

Everyone knows that olympic gymnists are short, thin and strong. My daughter Emma is thin, tall, and well-probably not real strong. She takes gymnastics at the community school near our house on Tuesdays. She passed the beginner class with flying colors. It was obvious to me that she was one of the best in the class. I was excited when she was promoted to the intermediate class. She has a new teacher and is doing much harder "tricks", but the thing that is really obvious is that she is the LEAST flexible girl in the class. There are girls who are heavier and more out of shape looking than her, but they can put their hands flat on the floor during stretches and their splits don't look like they are still standing up-like some people, I won't mention any names. So I am watching Emma struggle in this tougher class where you really need to be flexible to be successful at the "tricks." There is also a girl in her class that is about as tall as Jack. That girl can flip her body around like a stuffed animal and rests on her stomach during her middle splits. That girl's mom just sits there SO proud cheering her daughter on, while I sit by and offer lots of smiles and thumbs up to a girl who rests on her knees during the splits. I think it comes down to genetics-poor Emma. We'll keep her enfolled because she enjoys the class and I think the stretching is probably good for those Citizen muscles. I really do just hope little miss rubber band gets promoted to the advanced class soon....it's just a little sickening.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger Sara said…

    It sounded like you were describing my Agusta. She is not flexible in the least, (just like her mommy). I think its great for them to do gymnastiks for the stretching part you mentioned!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home