Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Guess What I Found this Weekend?

It's been warm this past week and I have been excited to get out in to the garden and get things started. Yesterday the kids and I went to Star Nursery and spend almost two hours looking around-I LOVE IT THERE! We bought a few plants, some seeds, fertilizer and ladybugs. When I was digging a hole for one of my new strawberry plants I found a worm. That's right, I found a worm in my own garden at the beginning of the season and I didn't put it there! It was so exciting!! Now, if you are not a gardener I'm sure you think I'm off my rocker, but let me remind you that last year about this time I was digging large numbers of huge rocks out of this same garden and the caliche was impenetrable in places. And now I found a worm. Worms eat organic matter, digest it and excrete it. Their waste makes for EXCELLENT soil and I found one working in my garden to improve my soil. I found it very encouraging! I hope you find your own worm-real or figurative!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger Amy said…

    Go over to my house and get some compost. It's been "cooking" for over a year. Should be some great stuff in there. Perfect worm food!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home