Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Kids' Pizza Joint

So I took my kids to the local kids' pizza joint today for a birthday party. Thankfully it wasn't UpChuck E. Cheese, but rather it's slightly quieter, at least edible Pickled comPetitor. So, for a kid's birthday party at a loud pizza place it was pretty good. I actually didn't get a headache until it was time to leave.

Of course we could not leave until the kids cashed in their tickets. (Doug usually handles this task because I can't even form a coherent sentence by this point.) I was actually SHOCKED at the robbery taking place in the ticket currency world. You see, when I was a kid I LOVED playing skeeball. My rational was that I could enjoy the game while I was playing and then I could save my tickets and enjoy my game at a later point too(unlike traditional video games), when I get the coveted stuffed animal. (I'm a nerd. I know.) That's right. My sister and I SAVED THE TICKETS!! We were saving up for a giant 5 foot stuffed bear. No, we never got it because we never got the 2500 tickets needed. But, we saved and saved until we moved to Vegas. We didn't know if there would be a Pistol Pete's Pizza here, so before we moved we cashed in our over 700 tickets for stuffed animals and stuff. We never traded them in for rings and crap.

Then when Doug and I were in Amway (keep laughing) we would go to Pistol Pete's after seminars sometimes. Doug figured out that if you moved the decimal point over in the ticket requirement you would have a logical dollar amount to pay for the ticket prize. For example, if a bear is 2500 tickets its approximate value is $25.00. If a ring is 5 tickets, its approximate value is $0.05. Okay, whatever. Reasonable, considering there is fun involved on some level in acquiring the tickets. Well, not anymore. You see the 5 foot bear I had been saving for as a kid has been replaced by a stuffed Spongebob. The "ticket price" 50,000 tickets or $500.00!!!!!!!!!! That makes a 60 ticket ($0.60) Laffy Taffy- yeah, ONE PIECE, a pretty good deal.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:11 AM, Blogger MrH said…

    O.K. now that depends, was it the bite size laffy taffy, the strip you use to get for a quarter at the skating rink, or the giant size that is comparible to half way between a normal and king size candy bar. I'd pay .60 for one of those. I'm figuring it was the strip quarter size and heck if I use to pay a quarter for it at the skating rink when I was 10, that was almost 2 full decades now. Inflation bites, but I guess that at a rip off place with those stupid tickets that moving the decimal over two places works for the laffy taffy. Hey, Adam tried Amway, and Quickstar(amway online) as a married couple. We use to ride our bikes to Pistol Pete's and save our tickets. I don't know that we ever really got anything cool, at least not anything memorable.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home