Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Thursday, February 26, 2004

"Here's the Church, Here's the ....."

I am processing. I have been processing all week. I am a very slow processor. Bare with me as I process "out loud". I may have to take back some things I say- which I hate, it is one of the reasons I am a slow processor, I want to make sure I stand behind what I say when I say it. Like I said, I am processing.


James 1:2-5 "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perserverance. Perserverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. " I lack wisdom. I am askingstrong>.

Definitions from Webster (usually NOT the first definition given) of words I hear tossed around lately.

Church- a body of Christian belivers

Performance- a musical, dramatic, or other entertainment.

Family- a group of things with some common feature

Feed- supply what is needed for the growth, operation, or maintenance of

Father- 2. God 4. one who originates, makes possible, or inspires something

Worship- love or admire inordinately

Inordinately- Beyond proper limits; excessive


Apex Church- A familywho is fed by a Father. Are we or aren't we? Email me your observations & experiences at dcitizen@cox.net

Jenn Clark sounds like she longs for a family that is fed by a Father instead of a "performance" that someone has mislabeled as "church". I am sad for you. I hope you can find what you are longing for. You can always move- no pressure.

An observation: "Worship" that occurs on Sunday Night or any other organized service is the opposite of inordinately. "Worshipping" at an assigned, led time is exactly within the proper limits and not at all excessive. Email me your excessive real worship ideas at the address above. (I think I need that Squawkbox thing)

I'm still processing. I still lack wisdom, but I am thirsting for it. Pray for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home