Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Friday, December 26, 2003

Christmas

My kids did not appreciate Christmas this year. We baked, we decorated, we made home made gifts, we spent time with family and friends- they did not appreciate it. Loredana even refused to open presents for about three hours (the three hours when the people who gave the gifts were present). It is weird. I wonder if I appreciated Christmas as a child. It seems like I did. I have traditions that I still insist upon because of the memories associated with them: chocolate advent calendars (my kids had them); Christmas music (I MADE my kids listen to only that for the last 3 days- pure torture for them- I know, I read Kelly's blog and agree with it, but I had to draw the line "This is Halloween" is a very tired song for me); Christmas Eve cheeseball (my niece Alex liked it- my kids, not a bite). I don't know, I feel let down a little because they seemed excited as the day approached, but then Christmas Eve and Day- chaos. They both freaked out.
Jack's birthday is fast approaching. We bought him a car seat today- finally. It was started to stress me out a little that I could go into labor anytime (I'm 35 weeks) and I might have had to send Kelly or Debbie to Babies R Us to buy me a car seat so I could bring him home from the hospital. I'm not tired of being pregnant yet so I am not in a rush. I don't like getting off the ground though, it's getting tricky.
Tommy and Meghann spent the night on Christmas Eve. We all stayed up late, putting presents together and setting up the living room to look like the perfect Christmas room. It was a lot of fun. I'm glad they were there and I wish we had another wing they could live in- maybe in the next house.
KP- October 17- NOTHING has happened since then? Really?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home