Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Ketchup Blog

Actually Catch Up. I was trying to be cute. So, I feel like an awful blogger- over a week since my last blog. I've read blogs in that time, but didn't take the time to actually blog myself.
What's up?
I'm LOVIN' the weather.
Doug and I are leaving on Friday for a three day cruise. It was supposed to be for our tenth wedding anniversary- LAST January. We didn't make it. So we were going to try to do a trip for our eleventh wedding anniversary-this coming up January- Surprise- we'll be having a baby in January. I AM excited about going, but right now, I am overcast with What ifs? and Wouldn't it be horrible ifs? I am such a pessimist even though I try hard not to be.
In spite of my pessimism, I am looking forward to a couple of days with Doug alone and at least one NAP! I think you're old when you want to go on vacation to take a nap.
We are still making Thanksgiving plans, I'm not quite sure how it's going to work out geographically, but we will be with people who love us and I do enjoy any holiday anyway.
The day after Thanksgiving, we will not be shopping, we will be driving to central Nevada to murder...urr... take life....urr.... cut down our very own Christmas tree. I know it's bad for the environment or whatever. I see the points. I understand. My hat is off to anyone who buys a living Christmas tree and plants it in their yard. If they came 6-8 feet tall for $3, I would buy one myself. However, being the holiday nerd that I am, I LOVE driving all day to the middle of no where; hunting in the freezing cold with my family for a tree; finally choosing the least whack one and watching Doug cut it down; haul it to the truck; tie it in; and laughing most of the time. We have GREAT Christmas tree stories that you can never get from a Christmas tree lot OR from the box in your garage. We've had two trees in one year; we've had a tree so big that you couldn't even see the truck, much less the license plate as the truck was driving down the road. We have hours of Christmas carols and "car talking", which I LOVE. Put me in a car for hours and I transform into an extrovert. We are going with some friends that we really don't get to spend a lot of time with anymore and I am looking forward to going.
Then, the Christmas season. I am trying to get ready. My mom printed me the "FlyLady Holiday Planner' from the internet. I love the idea of it. Have I actually used it? No. Fifteen minutes a day in November and you're ready for Christmas on December 1. It sounds good. I have done a few things, but I don't know if they are the things I was supposed to do. Maybe I should still attempt to use it.
Emma told me that she doesn't like kindergarten because I always ask her about it. I sensed this was a problem for her, but she just came right out and said it. So, I'm trying to lay off. It's hard. I'm just talking about her day, but she likes having something that's her own. I think I'm going to make Doug ask her and see if he gets the same results.
Tonight Emma's homework was to collage a paper turkey. It was fun. It came out cute. Today for playgroup we made paper bag turkeys. They also came out cute despite my lack of planning and proper materials. Have I mentioned that I like holidays? I do. Celebrate life. Celebrate seasons. Celebrate- a uniquely human event. Holidays remind us to celebrate the things we take for granted daily: family, friends, freedom, wealth, food, milestones, art, talent, faith...... Seasons remind us to celebrate our lives- they are uncertain, they are always changing (except in Las Vegas), they are time that passes quickly. I hope you can enjoy the rain (despite car accidents); enjoy the cold; enjoy the paper turkeys; enjoy the crowded stores; enjoy spending money on people you care enough to spend money on; enjoy working in the kitchen for people who act like they only care about football; enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home