Who Am I?

Thoughts I'm willing to share.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Have a Holly Jolly Christmas, It's the Best Time of the Year

I'm not sure I quite got that quote right, but it's the way I feel this year. I am actually enjoying the season very much. I am listening to Christmas music almost non-stop, Apex sponsored 70 kids for Christmas, which is amazing! I'm super excited about a lot of the gifts I am giving which is always exciting.
The kids have been busy performing different Christmas presentations and making gifts which they always love. Jack keeps saying, " (insert your name here) is going to love me for this" as he's making his little trinkets. It's fun to see them embracing the giving side of the holiday instead of focusing on what they might get. Loredana keeps reminding us that Christmas is about giving not getting. Jack is playing with his "Baby Jesus" Little People nativity-he throws in some Transformers, but I think they (the Transformers) are working for Herod so it's all accurate and Emma is on a constant countdown and can inform you how many days until Christmas it is. She will also tell you what she got you if you are willing to exchange information.

Doug has been working like a crazy person. He's been working a number of parties and some of our artists have family hardships and can use some prayer. It's hard to focus on the joy of Jesus' birth when you have other very pressing matters at hand.

Most Nativity scenes paint a very peaceful picture with a very NOT pregnant looking Mary and quiet animals and calm, focused shepherds and Kings who do not look at all like they are fearing for their lives. If you really think about it, it was probably not like that at all. It was probably a little stressful and dirty and smelly and scary and serious/somber and a little sad-baby in a yucky barn etc. So when it seems like Christmas sucks a little just remember that it's been something like that for 2000 years now.

I got off on a not so cheerful tangent there but anyway....

Merry Christmas and I hope you are enjoying Christmas as much as I am this year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home